diet by eating fruits
Nowadays, modern nutritionists are emphasizing on balanced diets and it has become the indispensable elements to keep our skin rejuvenated. This is closely related to food nutrition and their nature.
Let’s start with acid-base properties of fruits and vegetables first.
Medical professional believes that healthy body fluids should appear weak alkaline, if we take in excessive acidic food, our body fluids will tend to show acidic. With somatic cell metabolism, body skin will become rough and wrinkles, pigmentation will appear and the skin will looks pale and thin and other adverse consequences will occur.
In general, meat, rice and flour are acidic foods; while fruits and vegetables are alkaline based and they are rich in vitamins and trace elements. It will cause skin physiological disorders if taken insufficiently. For example:
- Lack of Vitamin A, it will cause dry and rough skin, prone to have acne and scaly skin disease, like alopecia areata and so on;
- Lack of Vitamin B2, it will easily cause wrinkles, rough skin, allergy to sunlight, rosacea, acne and other skin disorders;
- Lack of Vitamin C, it will lead to recession of skin tension, dark complexion, pigmentation, such as melasma and age spots;
- Lack of Vitamin D, the skin will shown eczema fester easily;
- Lack of Vitamin E, it will easily cause dry skin and aging, and consequently appear senile plaques and wrinkles.
Therefore, for those who has melisma and pigmentation problems, they can take Vitamin C-rich foods, such as strawberries, watermelon, oranges, tomatoes and green vegetables and so on; while for those who has acne, rosacea and oily skin disease problems, it is necessary to control the intake of animal protein and fat and they also need to take large amount of Vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables in order to detoxify.
Different vegetables will help to improve specific types of skins. You may choose different types of vegetables and fruits that suit your skin type, for example:
- For oily skin: it is good to eat lemon, apple, grapefruit, melon, grapeand celery, because they are sour taste, astringent and able to control oil secretion.
- For dry skin: it is good to eat pear, olives, cabbage, cantaloupe, persimmon and banana, as they could replenish skin moisture.
- For combination skin: it is good to eat watermelon, fungus, cucumber, figs, onions, etc, as they are able to maintain the necessary acid-base balance of the skin, and stimulate the metabolism of the skin.
- For obesity individual: it is good to eat codonopsis, melon, hawthorn, lettuce and kelp, as they could help dampness and reduce phlegm and cellulite.
What do the Colors of Fruits and Vegetables mean to Your Face?
Many natural fruits and vegetables have great cosmetic effect, for example:
- Red Color Fruit and Vegetables
Tomato, carrot, watermelon, red peach, etc, such foods contain a variety of vitamins, carbohydrates and trace elements, in addition, they are able to increase appetite, help to smoothen skin, enhance skin cell regeneration, prevent skin aging and other effect.
- White Color Fruit and Vegetables
Lotus root, water chestnut, bamboo shoots, coconut, tremella and so on, they are known to help lung function, by giving clean, pure and refreshing feeling. In addition, they are able to produce skin whitening effects.
- Green Color Fruit and Vegetables
Spinach, gourd, green peppers, lettuce, garlic, green beans, kiwi fruit, they are known to help liver function, by giving the feeling of fresh, bright, natural beauty. These kinds of foods are able to increase appetite and soften white skin, also have the effect of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Yellow Color Fruit and Vegetables
Soybeans, peanuts, walnuts, banana, pineapple, peach, ginger, they are known to help spleen function and good sources in cardiovascular protection, delay skin aging and improve brain function.
- Black Color Fruit and Vegetables
Seaweed, black fungus, black sesame, black beans, they are known to help kidney function, black hair growth, reduce blood fat, soften white skin and delay aging.